Sunday, July 27, 2014

Do Not Worry


Worrying about things or events is an abuse of your existence in life. That means, you're telling your Creator that you can handle your problems yourself.

Jesus said in Mathew 6:25-27, "Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?"

Generally, human beings are concerned about the past, present and future: they fear that their negative past can hunt them. For present condition or situation, people carry loads of worries. For example, if things are bad, they begin to worry whether there would ever be improvement; if things are good, they worry about continuity.

A person without a car worries whether he will ever own a car in his life time. When he gets a car his worry becomes whether it will be stolen or involved in an accident; peradventure either of these happens, will he be able to raise money to buy another car?

Most people worry about the future. Such as what happens after my retirement? Who will take care of me when I am too old to take care of myself? What is the guarantee that I will live long or reach old age? Is it safe to relax now that my parents have lucrative jobs or hold powerful positions? If am rich today, is there any guarantee that my wealth will sustain me and my children in the future? Again, in Mathew 6:34 Jesus says, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Stop worrying because worrying has so many disadvantages. Worrying about anything robs you of joy of the moment, the future and hope, leaving you with hopelessness, doubt and fear. Worrying take all your time and in turn delivers you nothing but sadness, sickness and woes. Worrying is a fruitless activity to engage in. It fills you with fear and uncertainty that takes you away from solution and can lead to untimely death. Above all worrying takes your heart away from God your Creator and hands it over to your enemy. Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief cometh not but for to steal, and to kill and to destroy: I am come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly." You will not fall into the hand of your enemy in Jesus name.

Jesus will only give abundant life to those who trust, surrender and ACCEPT Him as their personal Lord and Savior. A life without Jesus is full of crisis. Let Jesus take over those things you worry about by praying this simple prayer: 

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Please forgive me my sins. Wash me clean with Your precious blood. I surrender my life to You. From today, take over and reign in my life in Jesus name I pray Amen. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE NOW BORN AGAIN. The Holy Spirit will now regulate your thought.

Need more help?
Send us an email: tracts@twci.org.ng
Or call: 234-80-8804-8840