Saturday, June 28, 2014

Who is your Friend?


A friend is a person who feels the same way you feel in your condition. He is a person who will want to give you the best part of life. Also, he is a person who shares your sorrows, pains, cares and even considers you important enough to be loved and cared for.

But this friend under consideration wants nothing in return for His friendship and Love. "Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down His life for His friends. Ye are my friends, if you do whatsoever I commanded you. Henceforth I call you not servants: for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth, but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you" (John 15-15).

That friend is Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. You may be wondering if such a Friend would ever have time for you. Well, this is what He says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him and he with me" (Revelation 3:20).

If only you will be willing to open the door of your heart, He will come in today and take care of your life. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). He knows your every sin and has power to forgive and cleanse you and save you from death. The scripture confirms this in Hosea 13:14: "I will ransom them from power of the grave. I will redeem them from death. O death I will be thy plagues. O grave, I will be thy destruction; repentance shall be far from mine eye." Jesus has power to do this because He is the King of kings and Lord of lords (Revelation 1:18). Will you let Him be your friend and Lord also? If yes, say this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I believe You died for me and shed Your blood to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, I surrender my life to You and I ask You to be my Lord and personal Savior. Give me the power to live an overcoming life all the days of my life. Thank You Lord Jesus for saving me. Amen.

Need more help?
Send us an email: tracts@twci.org.ng
Or call: 234-80-8804-8840