Friday, December 28, 2018

My God

My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt. Daniel 6:22 | KJV

It is noteworthy that Daniel didn't say, God has sent His Angel, but rather, that my God has sent His angel. This is a statement of a person who has made God his personal possession. David of old was such a man, and in the New Testament, the apostle Paul was such a man. These were men who made God their personal possessions. But what does it take to make God one's personal possession? First is to know God for who He is, and based on this knowledge, to accord Him a devotion that is fitting. Such a devotion requires making Him the reason for which you live. This way, He becomes the end of all things to you, not just a means to the end. He becomes the standard by which your life is measured. 

Such a person maintains a conscience that is devoid of offence before God and man. Daniel could say, "forasmuch as before him (God) innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt." A man who has made God his personal possession lives to please God in all things, and this is reflected in how he treats others. 
Toni